If you want to know if you can bring your pet with you on a Singapore Airlines flight, you have come to the right place. “Yes, you can” is the answer. But before you travel with your pet(s), you need to know about some rules and restrictions. Don’t be afraid.
The rules are easy to understand and follow. You will learn all the rules and regulations in this article quickly. Even though the well-known airline doesn’t let you bring your pet into the cabin with you, it does let you bring your pet on as checked baggage policy or in cargo. So, let’s start by looking at how Singapore Airlines treats pets.
Singapore Airlines Pet Policy
Singapore Airlines is the main airline and the country’s flag carrier. Most of the time, pets can travel in both the cabin and the hold. Singapore Airlines lets people bring their pets on some planes and routes. So, reservations must be made the right way.
It is important to know each airline’s pet policy so that you can fully understand the rules and make sure your pet has a safe and comfortable flight. In this article, we’ll talk about how Singapore Airlines treats pets.
Singapore Airlines, which is the country’s main airline, lets pets travel as checked luggage or cargo. It is important to know each airline’s pet policy so that you can fully understand the rules and make sure your pet has a safe and comfortable flight.
There is a limit to how many pets can be brought on a flight. So, as soon as you have your flight tickets, you should let the airline know and reserve a spot for your pet.
Does Singapore Airlines Allow Travel With My Pet?
Singapore Airlines will let you bring your pet if it meets the following conditions:
- Only certain types of dogs and cats can be brought in.
- To take part, dogs and cats must be at least 6 months old.
- We don’t allow dogs with short noses.
- Terriers, Boxers, Pugs, Bulldogs, Spaniels, Mastiffs, Brussels Griffon, Chow Chow, Japanese Chin, Lhasa Apso, Pekinese, Pit Bull, Shar Pei, Shih Tzu, Tosa, Akita, Dogo Argentino, Fila Brasileiro, and their mixes are not allowed.
- On all A380 flights, animals are not allowed, except for live tropical fish, insects, and reptiles.
- A345-500 super long-haul flights also don’t allow live animals.
- During the flight, your pet can stay in its kennel.
- All of the rules are met by the kennel (see below for more information).
- Your pet is healthy and has all the necessary paperwork (see below for more info).
Singapore Airlines – Pet Reservations
Singapore Airlines is the national airline, and Changi Airport is where most of its flights start and end. On many flights, they will let you bring your pet with you as checked luggage or cargo.
Contact the Singapore Airlines office in your area at least two weeks before your trip to make sure Fido has a spot. When you call, the Customer Service Agent will ask you for the animal’s type, breed, species, name, age, color, weight, and carrier measurements.
Singapore Airlines – Pets in Checked Baggage
If your pet is at least three months old, you can bring it on the same plane as your checked luggage. For Singapore Air to take your pet as checked baggage, your pet and its carrier must weigh less than 70 pounds (32 kg) together.
If you have more than one pet with you, each one must be in its own container. Dogs or cats from the same litter can share a carrier if they are at least 3 months old and weigh less than 30 pounds (14 kg) combined. Each carrier can only fit two puppies or kittens at most.
The price of this service is calculated the same way checked luggage is, based on your pet’s weight and how you plan to travel. A trip to or from the United States costs between $150 and 225 dollars, while a trip anywhere else costs between $50 and 120 dollars.
Singapore Airlines – Pets in Cargo
When they are in their carriers, pets that weigh more than 32 kg (70 lb) can be moved as cargo. Call the Atlanta Cargo Office at (770) 755-1909 if you want to find out more.
What methods of transport does Singapore Air provide for my pet?
- Your checked luggage will be kept in a pressurized, temperature-controlled area of your aircraft.
- shipped as freight in temperature- and pressure-controlled containers.
- Pets are not permitted in the cabin of the aircraft, with the exception of guide dogs.
- Before embarking on your journey with Singapore Airlines, take a moment to familiarize yourself with their singapore airline pet policy. Ensuring compliance with these guidelines will help ensure a hassle-free and enjoyable travel experience
What Are the Kennel Specifications?
Carriers for pets traveling in the hold can’t be taller than 22″ (56 cm) on A330 aircraft, 40″ (101 cm) on B777 aircraft, 23″ (60 cm) on A380 aircraft, and 30″ (76 cm) on A350 aircraft. They need to be the right size so that your pet can stand up, turn around, sit up straight, and lie down in a natural position. They must also have good airflow on at least three sides, with most of the airflow coming from the top of the carrier. They also have to have food and water containers that are either fixed inside the carrier or can be refilled from the outside, and they can’t leak or get out of the carrier.
Here are some of the kennel requirements for Singapore Airlines:
- Make sure there are no leaks and that no one can get out.
- Be able to get enough air, but nothing about the animal should stick out of the container.
- Make sure there is enough room for the animal to stand up and turn around.
- Use metal, wood, or a strong plastic or composite.
- Put something that can soak up the liquid or trash in the container.
1. What Methods of Transport Does Singapore Airlines Provide for Pets?
Pets can be carried as checked luggage in a pressurized and temperature-controlled area of the plane, or they can be shipped as cargo in containers that control both temperature and pressure.
2. What Are the Kennel Specifications for Pets Traveling in the Hold on Singapore Airlines?
The kennel must be the right size for the type of aircraft and give the pet enough room to stand up, turn around, sit up straight, and lie down normally. They also need a way to get air and food and water.
3. How Can I Make a Reservation for My Pet on Singapore Airlines?
Contact the Singapore Airlines office near you at least two weeks before your trip to reserve a spot for your pet.
4. How Can Tickets for the Unaccompanied Minors Handling Service Be Booked?
- Ethiopian Airlines Pet Policy
- Norwegian Air Pet Policy
- United Airlines Pet Policy
- Flair Air Pet Policy
- Philippines Airlines Pet Policy
- Hawaiian Airlines Pet Policy
- Swiss International Airlines Pet Policy
- Lufthansa Airlines Pet Policy
- Qantas Airlines Pet Policy
- Copa Airlines Pet Policy
- Aeromexico Airlines Pet Policy
- Volaris Airlines Pet Policy
- Air France Pet Policy
- Emirates Airlines Pet Policy