When traveling by plane, it’s important to have the same name on your ticket, passport, and other important documents, as per the rules of the aviation industry. If your name on the ticket is incorrect, it’s against the rules to travel. Are you planning to fly with Lufthansa Airlines? Do you need to correct the name on your Lufthansa tickets? This guide will give you all the information you need about Lufthansa Airlines’ name change policy. To get things in the correct format, you need to follow the guidelines outlined in the policy.
About Lufthansa Airlines
Lufthansa Airlines is a well-known airline brand worldwide. We promise to provide great flight services at affordable prices for travelers all over the world. Before we start talking about the main topic, let’s share some thoughts about the airline. Lufthansa Airlines is a popular airline based in Cologne, Germany. It provides excellent air services to customers all over the world.
Additionally, the airline is the biggest in Europe and has several smaller companies under its ownership. It was founded in 1953 and now serves customers in more than 220 locations around the world. The airline from Germany takes people to more than 80 countries all over the world, including Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, North America, and South America.
Lufthansa Airlines is one of the five founding members of Star Alliance. Lufthansa Aviation Center, which is the main hub, is located at Frankfurt Airport.
Why is It Important to Fix a Wrong Name on an Air Booking?
When flying, it’s important to follow the rules and pay attention to the airline’s services. It’s important to be very careful and pay attention to all aspects when trying to get good deals and safe travels.
One important thing to consider when buying a ticket is making sure your name is spelled correctly. The characters on your passport and official ID should be the same. If you don’t follow the rules, your trip may be in danger and your booking could be canceled.
- If the name on your ticket doesn’t match the name on your passport, you can’t travel as a legitimate passenger.
- Make sure the name on the ticket is spelled correctly.
- If your name is spelled incorrectly on your booking and you try to board the flight, you are breaking aviation rules and laws.
- The passenger should correct any name errors within a specific time frame.
- If you don’t fix the name within the given time, the airline may cancel your booking.
Lufthansa Name Correction Policy
Is your name misspelled on your Lufthansa Airlines ticket? Luckily, if you need to change the name on your ticket, the airline has a policy for correcting names. Lufthansa Airlines lets passengers change or correct the name on their ticket.
This is the main feature. The name on the ticket must match the name on the government-issued ID exactly, as per the rules. So, it’s important to be careful when booking a reservation and make sure that names are spelled correctly.
Lufthansa usually only allows one name correction per passenger. You cannot transfer a ticket to another traveler’s name. You can change or correct your name if it has been changed due to marriage, divorce, gender reassignment, or other reasons.
Lufthansa Group Agency Support helps after the traveler’s proof is received. If there are typing errors in the real name, the traveler’s name can be corrected. Lufthansa Airlines allows name corrections in the following situations:
- You can correct up to two letters in your first, second, and third name as a passenger.
- You can change the nickname.
- You can correct names by putting them in the correct order.
- You can’t make any other changes to the ticket/PNR except for that.
In specific circumstances, passengers are not allowed to make corrections:
- Lufthansa only allows corrections to be made for up to two letters in the first, second, and third names
- You can add or remove the first, second, or third name while traveling.
- You can’t add or remove a second family name.
- If you enter the wrong title like MR/MRS/MS or Dr/Prof, you can’t change, delete, add, or exchange it.
- No one else can take the place of the passenger who is traveling. If someone else wants to travel, they need to get a new ticket.
Methods to Name Change on Lufthansa Airlines Flight Ticket
Are you wondering how to correct the name on your Lufthansa Airlines ticket? The airline offers various options for customers to change their name. Lufthansa allows customers to change their name using either online or offline methods, just like other airlines. Let’s take a look:
The airline based in Germany allows corrections to be made through online portals. To change your name, log in to the official website using your booking credentials and follow the instructions provided.
Here are the steps involved in the digital process:
- Go to the carrier’s official website.
- You can now find a tab called ‘Manage Booking’ that has multiple functions.
- You need to fill in the booking number and family name in the fields that appear.
- After clicking on the ‘Get Flights’ button, you will see a list of bookings.
- Choose the booking for which you need to correct the name.
- From now on, if you qualify, you will need to pay the service fee.
- Customers will receive a confirmation email from the airline.
Lufthansa provides assistance to passengers who are not familiar with online technologies through offline methods. To get in touch with Lufthansa representatives, you can make a phone call.
When you check in for your flight, the airline staff will ask you for the booking reference number and the last name of the passenger.
You can also go to the airport ticket counter or kiosk nearby. Remember to bring your government-issued ID for verification.
Lufthansa Airlines Name Correction Fee/Cost
Lufthansa charges for correcting passengers’ names. To learn about the fees and charges, visitors need to review Lufthansa’s name correction policy.
You can learn about it best by visiting the official website: Visit here.
Why is It Important to Fix a Wrong Name on an Air Booking?
Having the accurate name on your ticket, passport, and other essential documents is very important to follow the rules of the aviation industry. If your ticket has the wrong name, you might not be able to travel, and your booking could get canceled.
Can I Change or Correct the Name on My Lufthansa Airlines Ticket?
Lufthansa Airlines permits passengers to modify or rectify the name on their tickets. There are rules you need to follow. Lufthansa allows only one name correction per passenger. The name on the ticket should match the name on the government-issued ID exactly.
In What Situations Can I Make Name Corrections on My Lufthansa Ticket?
If you need to change the name on your Lufthansa ticket because of marriage, divorce, gender reassignment, or other valid reasons, you can do so. You have the option to make changes to your first, second, and third names by correcting up to two letters, rearranging the order of the names, or choosing a different nickname.
What Methods Can I Use to Change the Name on My Lufthansa Airlines Ticket?
Passengers can change their names with Lufthansa Airlines either online or offline. To correct your name, go to the official website and follow the instructions provided. You can get help from Lufthansa’s customer support by calling them or going to the ticket counter or kiosk at the airport.
Is There a Fee for Name Corrections on Lufthansa Airlines?
Lufthansa charges a fee if you need to correct a name. To find out how much it costs to correct a name, you can check Lufthansa’s name correction policy on their website. Make sure to review the policy to get the latest details on fees and charges
How Should Passengers Report Lost or Damaged Baggage?
Check-out: Lufthansa airline baggage policy
- LOT Polish Airlines Name Change Policy
- Ethiopian Airlines Name Change Policy
- United Airlines Name Change Policy
- Frontier Airlines Name Change Policy
- Sri Lankan Airlines Name Change Policy
- Flair Airlines Name Change Policy
- Philippines Airlines Name Change Policy
- Hawaiian Airlines Name Change Policy
- Singapore Airline Name Change Policy
- Swiss Air Name Change Policy
- Qantas Airlines Name Change Policy
- Scoot Airline Name Change Policy
- Copa Airline Name Change Policy
- Aeromexico Airline Name Change Policy
- Volaris Airlines Name Change Policy