Aeromexico has a policy in place for kids traveling alone, called unaccompanied minors. The Aeromexico unaccompanied minor service lets children fly alone once they reach 5 years old.
Here is a summary of all the rules and guidelines for the unaccompanied minor service. However, we are also discussing the crucial information – the actual tips that make traveling alone easier and without any problems.
Rules Aeromexico Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
Passengers who have already registered for or plan to register for the unaccompanied minor service must follow these guidelines:
- To ensure that Aeromexico takes care of unaccompanied minors, you need to confirm with the airline’s customer service at least 48 hours before the scheduled departure.
- Children aged 0 to 4 years cannot use this service.
- Children between the ages of 5 and 14 are required to use the service.
- If you’re a minor who is 15 years or older and you’re traveling without a parent or guardian, you don’t need to use the service. Parents or guardians have the option to choose one for their younger children.
- Parents or guardians should arrive at the airport at least 3 hours before the flight departs. It is necessary to finish the paperwork and boarding process on time.
- To ensure safety, the parent or guardian should remain at the airport until an Aeromexico staff member confirms that the flight has departed.
- It is suggested to wait for at least 15 minutes after the child’s flight takes off in case the plane needs to come back.
- The person who accompanies the child to and from the airport needs to have a valid photo identification.
Flights Departing from the US
If you’re a parent or guardian dropping off or picking up your child from the US, make sure to arrive at least 3 hours before the departure time.
- Parents or guardians should be present when dropping off or picking up an unaccompanied child. To get a boarding pass, they need to go to the ticket counter.
- Make sure you’re ready for the security check when you arrive at the airport.
Note: If you’re flying with Aero Mexico, you can change the name on your ticket bby using the Aero Mexico airline’s Name Change policy for doing so.
The parents or guardian need to bring three copies of the following documents:
Unaccompanied Minor Form:
The staff at Aeromexico will give you this paperwork when you go to the counter. The font used must be easy to read.
You can use any valid photo ID, such as a passport, driver’s license, or voting credentials.
Minor Exit Form:
The National Immigration Institute (NII) has provided this document. This document gives airline staff who are with the child the legal authority of guardianship according to civil law. You can get this document from the INM’s website or the immigration office at the departure airport.
This document shows when a minor is leaving, including how they are traveling, where they are going, and the date of their trip. If this document was issued outside of the United States, it needs to be translated into Spanish.
To arrange a flight for a young traveler who will be traveling alone, please call Aeromexico customer service.
To sign up for the Aeromexico unaccompanied minor service, you need to call and book your flights at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure time.
Before calling the airlines, make sure you have all the necessary information ready. This includes:
- Passenger’s first and last name as per passport or government-issued photo ID.
- Child’s date of birth
- Person’s full name who would at the point of origin and arrival
- For departure and arrival, a mobile number is required.
According to Aeromexico Airlines Flight Change Policy, They offers a flight change service to its passengers. You can take advantage of this service and make changes to your flight on the original travel date according to your booking.
Unaccompanied Minor Service Fees
The fee for unaccompanied minors on Aeromexico depends on where they are traveling to and from, whether it’s within Mexico, to or from the United States, or to an international destination. To see a complete list of fees, please refer to the list below:
|Route||Price (in USD)|
|Flights within Mexico||35|
|Flights to/from the United States||150|
Children Can Carry These Items If They Travel Alone
Cell Phone, Gift Cards, Family/Friend’s Contact Information, Medicine, Passport, Photograph, Snacks, and More.
What is the Minimum Age Requirement for Children to Use Aeromexico’s Unaccompanied Minor Service?
To use Aeromexico’s unaccompanied minor service, children must be at least 5 years old.
Are Parents/guardians Required to Be Present at the Airport?
Yes, it is necessary for them to be there when dropping off and picking up.
What Can Children Carry When Traveling Alone?
Cell phone, gift cards, contact info, medicine, passport, photograph, snacks, etc.
Can I Made Correction on Aeromexico Airlines Flight Ticket?
Yes, But before doing this you must familier with Aeromexico Airlines Name Change Policy.
- Norwegian Air Unaccompanied Minor Policy
- United Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
- Flair Airlines Unaccompanied Minors Policy
- Philippines Airlines Unaccompanied Policy
- Hawaiian Airlines Minor Policy
- Singapore Airlines Minor Policy
- Swiss Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
- Lufthansa Airlines Unacompanied Minor Policy
- Qantas Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
- Copa Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
- Volaris Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
- Air France Unaccompanied Minor Policy
- Emirates Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy