Traveling is an adventure, and it’s even better when you can share it with your beloved furry companion. If you’re planning to fly with Copa Airlines and want to bring your pet along, it’s essential to understand their pet policy. In this guide, we’ll break down Copa Airlines pet policy in simple language, covering everything from allowed pet types to booking procedures and in-flight comfort.
Table of Contents
Can your Pet fly with Copa Airlines?
Copa Airlines Pet Policy generally allows passengers to travel with their pets. However, there are specific rules and guidelines that you must follow when flying with a pet on Copa Airlines. Here are some key points to consider:
- Copa Airlines typically allows small dogs and cats to travel in the cabin with their owners or as checked baggage. Larger pets may need to be transported through the airline’s cargo services.
- If you plan to bring your pet into the cabin, ensure that you have an IATA-approved pet carrier that meets Copa Airlines’ specifications. The carrier should be well-ventilated, secure, and fit under the seat in front of you.
- As per Copa Airlines Pet Policy, Pets weighing up to 10 kg (22 lb) combined with their carrier can travel in the cabin on most international flights and all domestic flights in Panama. A pet in-cabin fee applies ($125 per one-way trip for international flights and $25 per one-way trip for domestic flights in Panama).
- Pets exceeding the in-cabin weight limit must travel as checked baggage. Use a hard-sided carrier that meets Copa Airlines’ size and weight specifications (maximum dimensions: 55 cm x 35 cm x 23 cm; maximum weight: 32 kg for pet and carrier combined).
Copa Airlines Pets in Cabin
Pets are welcome to travel in the cabin with their owners on the majority of Copa Airlines flights. However, there are guidelines and requirements that must be adhered to Copa pet policy. For example:
- Pets are allowed on aeroplanes, but they must be transported in carriers that can tuck under the seat in front of you. Additionally, each passenger may only have one pet.
- Some types of dogs and cats cannot go with you in the cabin when you travel.
- As per Copa Pet Policy, You can bring up to 3 pets with you on each trip, but they are only allowed in the main cabin.
- You cannot bring your pets with you if you are traveling in Business Class.
- Before booking your flight, it’s a good idea to contact the airline to confirm their current policies and make any necessary arrangements.
Copa Airlines Pet Fee
According to Copa Airlines Pet Policy, When a Pet is transported in the cabin, there is a fee charged:
Pets Transport in Cabin
Fee (in USD)
147-166, including taxes and fees.
29-33, including taxes and fees.
What are the Copa Airlines Pet Carrier Requirements?
If you want to travel with your pet, you need to use a carrier that is appropriate for them. The transporter has to follow these rules. The pet carrier needs to meet these standards:
- The pet and carrier together can’t weigh more than 10 kg.
- The carrier should not leak and should have good ventilation. The pet should be able to stand up and move around easily inside the carrier.
- The pet’s space should allow them to stand up, turn around, and lie down comfortably.
- The pet carrier should be sturdy enough to prevent the pet from getting out while being carried or transported.
- The item should have safety locks that can be opened without a specific tool.
- The pet carrier should have holes for ventilation, but they should not be big enough for the pet to escape.
- The carrier must not exceed the following dimension:
11” (28 cm)
18” (45.7 cm)
11” (28 cm)
Copa Airlines Pet Travel as Checked Baggage
Copa Airlines Pet Policy allows the transport of pets as checked baggage, subject to certain conditions and restrictions as per Copa Airlines Baggage Policy. Here are some general guidelines related to pet travel as checked baggage with Copa Airlines:
- Contact Copa Airlines in advance to make a reservation for your pet. Airlines have limited space for pet transportation, so it’s advisable to notify them as early as possible.
- Copa Airlines typically allows small dogs and cats to travel as checked baggage. Larger pets may need to be transported via cargo services.
- Ensure that you have an IATA-approved pet carrier that meets Copa Airlines’ specifications. The carrier should be well-ventilated, secure, and provide enough space for the pet to stand, turn around, and lie down comfortably.
Documents required for Pet Travel
Following Paper work would be required for pets in cargo.
- Vaccination Proof
- All forms and entry papers are needed for the country to which they are going.
- A certificate of vaccination was given 10 days before the planned flight.
- Health Certificate
How to Book a Pet Travel with Copa Airlines?
For both cabin and cargo flights on Copa Airlines, you must make a reservation in advance with Copa Airlines Pet Policy in order to bring your pet. There is a maximum number of pets that each flight may accommodate. In order to bring your pet on board, you must contact the “cargo offices” of the airline. Please go to the following website to determine the exact number for your nation or region.
- You need to tell the office how much your pet and kennel weigh.
- Please give the complete details of the pet crate, such as its height, weight, and width.
- You need to give Copa Airlines details about your pet’s breed and age.
- Once the items on this Pet Acceptance checklist have been completed, complete the reservation process.
Copa Airlines pet policy reflects their commitment to providing a pet-friendly travel experience for passengers and their furry companions. By understanding the specific requirements and taking necessary precautions, you can embark on your journey with confidence, knowing that your pet’s well-being is a top priority.
Frequently Asked Questions-FAQ's
You can bring a maximum of 3 pets with you on your trip, but they can only be in the main cabin. You cannot bring your pets with you if you are traveling in Business Class.
To bring your pet, you must have a health certificate and proof of vaccination. You need to show these papers when you check in at the airport.
The cost of the pet fee changes depending on the route you choose. The cost for international flights is between $147 and $166, which includes taxes and fees. The cost for domestic flights is $29 to $33, which includes taxes and fees.
The carrier for your pet needs to follow certain rules. It can’t weigh more than 10 kg, it needs to have good airflow, and it should be big enough for your pet to stand up, turn around, and lie down comfortably. The carrier needs to be strong and have locks to keep the pet safe inside.
- Scoot Airlines Pet Policy
- Swiss Airlines Pet Policy
- JetBlue Pet Policy
- Delta Pet Policy
- Southwest Airlines Pet Policy
- United Airlines Pet Policy
- LOT Polish Airlines Pet Policy
- Ethiopian Airlines Pet Policy
- Norwegian Air Pet Policy
- Flair Air Pet Policy
- Philippines Airlines Pet Policy
- Hawaiian Airlines Pet Policy
- Singapore Airlines Pet Policy
- Lufthansa Pet Policy
- Qantas Pet Policy