Copa Airlines lets people bring their pets on board, but there are rules and things they need to do first. You need to put your pet in a cage that meets the airline’s rules and keep it under the seat in front of you during the flight. You can only bring small dogs and cats with you in the cabin during travel.
To bring your pet on Copa Airlines, you need to have a health certificate and proof of vaccination. You will need to pay a fee for bringing your pet along with you. The amount of the fee will depend on the specific route you are taking.
Before your flight, it’s important to check all the details and make a reservation for your pet.
Cabin Pet Policy of Copa Airlines
Most flights on Copa Airlines allow pets to travel in the cabin with their owners. But there are rules and conditions that need to be followed. For example –
- You can bring your pet on the plane, but it needs to be in a carrier that can fit under the seat in front of you. Also, only one pet is allowed per passenger.
- Some types of dogs and cats cannot go with you in the cabin when you travel.
- You can bring up to 3 pets with you on each trip, but they are only allowed in the main cabin.
- You cannot bring your pets with you if you are traveling in Business Class.
Before booking your flight, it’s a good idea to contact the airline to confirm their current policies and make any necessary arrangements.
Restrictions to Pet Travel With Copa Airlines:
You can bring your pet on all our flights except for those too or from –
- Armenia (AXM).
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL).
- Tampa (TPA).
Copa Airlines allows pet shipping from Monday to Friday because the quarantine offices in these places are closed on weekends.
Book your pets for their care – If you want to make sure there’s room for your pet, contact our Reservations Center at least 48 hours before your flight leaves. If you arrive at the airport without making a reservation, you may not be able to transport your pet.
Copa Airlines Pet Fee / Charges
|Pets transport in cabin||Fee (in USD)|
|International Flights||147-166, including taxes and fees.|
|Domestics Flights||29-33, including taxes and fess.|
Copa Airlines Pet Requirement
On some flights, Copa Airlines lets passengers bring small pets with them in the cabin. Also –
- The pet needs to be in a carrier that can fit under the seat in front of you.
- To get information about flying with your pet and to book a flight, please contact Copa Airlines directly.
- We do not accept pets that are younger than 16 weeks old.
- Your pet needs to travel in a container on the flight.
Copa Airlines Pet Carrier Req.
If you want to travel with your pet, you need to use a carrier that is appropriate for them. The transporter has to follow these rules. The pet carrier needs to meet these standards:
- The pet and carrier together can’t weigh more than 10 kg.
- The carrier should not leak and should have good ventilation. The pet should be able to stand up and move around easily inside the carrier.
- The pet’s space should allow them to stand up, turn around, and lie down comfortably.
- The pet carrier should be sturdy enough to prevent the pet from getting out while being carried or transported.
- The item should have safety locks that can be opened without a specific tool.
- The pet carrier should have holes for ventilation, but they should not be big enough for the pet to escape.
- The carrier cannot be larger than the specified size.
Width: 11″ (28 cm)
Height: 11″ (28 cm)
Length: 18″ (45.7 cm)
Copa Airlines requires passengers to show proof of their pet’s current vaccinations and a health certificate from a veterinarian. In addition, passengers must also present these documents during airport check-in.
- Fill out the Pet Travel Form for Copa Airlines.
- Documents that are needed to get into the country.
- Documents that are needed to travel through a certain country.
Pets that are allowed into the cabin must meet the following:
- The animal can’t have bad smells or bad habits like growling, barking, or fighting other people.
- It can’t take up room in the aisles and must stay in its container, which must be put on the floor in front of the marked seat and not on the seat itself.
- At security checks, it is up to the person to take their pet out of the container and care for it.
- You can’t sit in the front row, against a wall, or near an emergency exit.
- During an emergency, air will not be given to pets.
Pet Travel As Checked Baggage
Pets are not allowed as checked bags on airplanes. you need to read the guidelines of Aeromexico airline baggage policy.
Pets in Cargo
Copa Mascotas provides air cargo service for cats and dogs that are too big or heavy to fly in the passenger area. Monday through Thursday, you can use the air luggage service on trips to and from other countries. To fly as cargo, pets must be between 2 months and 11 years old.
- Proof of being vaccinated.
- All forms and entry papers are needed for the country to which they are going.
- A certificate of vaccination was given 10 days before the planned flight.
Carrier Requirment for Cargo
The airline must follow IATA rules, such as –
- The maximum size allowed is 68 x 76 x 101 cm.
- The pet needs enough space to move around, lie down, and stand up.
- You need to have good ventilation, but make sure no body parts stick out.
- It cannot leak.
- The door should have safety locks that allow it to be opened or closed without needing any special tools.
- We need a way to store garbage while traveling.
- The item should be made of plastic, metal, or wood and can have either firm or soft sides.
Emotional Support Animal
Copa Airlines only allows dogs as service and emotional support animals according to their pet policy. Pets that help passengers with special needs or require emotional support can travel with them for free. To travel with emotional support animals and service animals, you need to meet certain conditions.
- Copa Airlines allows service dogs on all their flights.
- Emotional support animals are only allowed on flights to or from Brazil, Colombia, and Mexico, as long as it is permitted by local laws.
- You can request Copa Airlines’ pet in-cabin service if you are taking a different route.
Terms and Conditions for ESA
Copa Airlines has rules for emotional support animals. The animals must follow these requirements:
- Copa Airlines permits owners to bring their service and emotional support animals with them in the cabin of the aircraft.
- To bring an animal on board, the owner needs a document from a licensed mental health professional or physician that says the animal is needed for the owner’s mental or emotional health.
- The animal should be good and not cause any harm to other passengers or crew members’ safety or health.
- During the flight, the animal should always be on a leash or in a carrier.
- Copa Airlines can say no to carrying animals that seem sick, unfriendly, or not trained well.
- If the animal causes any damage, the owner will be responsible for paying for them.
- The animal’s owner needs to ensure that the animal is vaccinated correctly. Additionally, the animal should have a collar with an identification tag.
- Passengers cannot sit in the exit row.
- Each passenger is allowed to have only one service dog.
How Do I Make a Pet Reservation on Copa Airlines?
To travel with your pet on Copa Airlines, you need to make a reservation ahead of time for both cabin and cargo flights. Each aircraft has a limit on the number of pets it can carry. To bring your pet on the aircraft, you need to speak with the airline’s “cargo offices”. To find out the specific number for your country or area, please visit the following website.
- You need to tell the office how much your pet and kennel weigh.
- Please give the complete details of the pet crate, such as its height, weight, and width.
- You need to give Copa Airlines details about your pet’s breed and age.
- Complete your reservation by marking the items as checked using this link.
The rules for bringing pets on Copa Airlines are easy to understand and follow. You can fly with your dog or cat if they meet the requirements and there is an available seat. It’s a good idea to confirm with the airline beforehand to ensure that you follow their guidelines.
Note:If you’re unable to secure a good window seat in the economy class, you can take advantage of Aeromexico Airlines’ seat selection Policy. This policy allows passengers to change their flight under certain conditions.
Can I Bring My Pet in the Cabin on Copa Airlines?
Copa Airlines lets small dogs and cats travel with their owners in the cabin. However, they must be in a carrier that fits under the seat in front of you.
Are There Any Restrictions on the Number of Pets I Can Bring on Board?
You can bring a maximum of 3 pets with you on your trip, but they can only be in the main cabin. You cannot bring your pets with you if you are traveling in Business Class.
What Documents Do I Need to Bring My Pet on Copa Airlines?
To bring your pet, you must have a health certificate and proof of vaccination. You need to show these papers when you check in at the airport.
How Much is the Fee for Bringing My Pet on Board?
The cost of the pet fee changes depending on the route you choose. The cost for international flights is between $147 and $166, which includes taxes and fees. The cost for domestic flights is $29 to $33, which includes taxes and fees.
What Are the Requirements for the Pet Carrier?
The carrier for your pet needs to follow certain rules. It can’t weigh more than 10 kg, it needs to have good air flow, and it should be big enough for your pet to stand up, turn around, and lie down comfortably. The carrier needs to be strong and have locks to keep the pet safe inside.
- Ethiopian Airlines Pet Policy
- Norwegian Air Pet Policy
- United Airlines Pet Policy
- Flair Air Pet Policy
- Philippines Airlines Pet Policy
- Hawaiian Airlines Pet Policy
- Singapore Airlines Pet Policy and Charges
- Swiss International Airlines Pet Policy
- Lufthansa Airlines Pet Policy
- Qantas Airlines Pet Policy
- Aeromexico Airlines Pet Policy
- Volaris Airlines Pet Policy
- Air France Pet Policy
- Emirates Airlines Pet Policy