The recognizable airline that has been taking to the sky, Emirates, is renowned for its dedication to offering a flawless travel experience. But as everyone knows, life is erratic, and things can change drastically at any time. It becomes essential in these kinds of circumstances to comprehend an airline’s policies, such as the Emirates name correction policy.
Table of Contents
We will examine Emirates Airlines name change policy in detail in this article, simplifying the procedure and outlining important information for travelers.
Understanding Emirates Name Correction Policy
If you’re traveling with Emirates and need to correct your name on your flight booking, you can easily make a request. This will allow you to travel without any problems. Let’s learn about the Emirates name change policy for changing passenger names, including the difficulties and challenges involved.
- Passengers can request to correct up to 4 characters on their first, middle, or last name through Emirates name change service. Don’t mistake the 4 character conditions for being for first, middle, and last names separately.
- Emirates does not allow passengers to be swapped on a ticket according to Emirates name correction policy. Emirates Airlines does not allow the transfer of ticket ownership. If you need to change the passengers on your Emirates flight booking, you should cancel the existing booking, get a refund, and then make a new booking for the same flight with the correct passengers.
- Emirates airline allows passengers to change their first or last name if they have legally changed it due to marriage, divorce, or other legal reasons.
- Emirates will provide the updated name to be issued on the current booking reference number (PNR) as soon as they have processed the name change on your ticket. There will be a cost if you wish to alter your name while traveling with Emirates. Also, in the event that the airfare has increased since you initially booked it, you might have to make additional payments. Each person traveling will be charged this price in addition to any additional expenses.
- Once Emirates has corrected your name, you will need to check in for your flight and choose your seats again. Emirates name correction policy for changing ticket names states that you cannot exchange seats between the old and new booking reference numbers (PNR).
- To get a full refund for a ticket with Emirates, you need to cancel all flight segments associated with the incorrect name before the scheduled departure. This is because of their change of passenger name rule, and it will prevent you from being marked as a no-show.
In case, you want to change the flight, Emirates offer Emirates Airlines Flight change policy.
How to change name with Emirates Airlines?
You can request a name change for Emirates online or over the phone. Here is a step-by-step guide to help Emirates passengers change the name on their tickets:
Emirates Name Change Online
These are the steps you can follow to correct or change the name on your Emirates Airlines reservation online:
- Go to the official Emirates website and find the ‘Manage Booking’ section. To find your booking, please enter the passenger’s last name and the six-digit booking reference.
- To continue, select the ‘Emirates name correction’ tab. Emirates allows passengers to correct up to 4 characters in their first name, middle name, or last name according to their name change policy.
- Please enter the passenger’s name exactly as it appears on their government-issued photo ID. Make sure the name on the ticket matches the name on the passport or government-issued photo ID.
- After you request to correct your name with Emirates, you will get a new e-ticket with the corrected name in your email within 4 hours.
Emirates Name change through Phone Call
These are the steps to correct or change the name on an Emirates Airlines reservation over the phone:
- Call the Emirates name correction phone number and wait for a flight executive to answer.
- Give the Emirates Airlines reservation details to the agent and request them to fix the name on your booking.
- The Emirates flight staff will ask for the passenger’s passport or government-issued photo ID to make sure they have the correct name on file.
- After Emirates corrects the name, passengers will get a new e-ticket with the correct name that matches their government-issued photo ID.
How much is Emirates Name Change Fee?
With Emirates, you can amend the name on your ticket up to 24 hours before the departure time. There is a cost associated with changing the name on your Emirates flight ticket. There will be an extra cost if you wish to cancel your ticket as well. If the price of the new ticket is greater than the price of your previous ticket, you might also have to pay more.
Emirates Name Change Fee
These are the important things you should know about the Emirates name change fee:
- Depending on the kind of ticket and service level, there may be a price associated with altering the name on an Emirates ticket. You can occasionally be required to pay Emirates name correction fees for every flight segment.
- As per Emirates Name Correction policy,If you need to change your name on an Emirates flight, you will be responsible for paying the difference between the amount you paid for the original flight and the current flight price.
- You can only change the passenger name for the entire trip on Emirates. This means you cannot request a name change for just the inbound or outbound flight.
- Emirates has a policy for changing names. If you want to change your name more than 24 hours after booking, you will need to pay a fee.
If your Emirates Airlines flight is delayed or canceled in Europe, the first thing you should do is find out why? And read about Emirates Flight Delay Policy.
How to change your Name with Emirates before getting your Ticket?
- Travelers on Emirates Airlines are permitted to change their last name, middle name, and initial name by a maximum of four characters. To be clear, we do not mean to use four characters for the first, middle, and last component of a name when we say “four characters.”
- When you request a correction to a passenger’s name or a space character in Emirates, the title of the passenger is counted as one of the four characters.
- You can change a person’s date of birth, passenger type codes, or infant status when making a booking. These changes won’t count towards the limit of 4 characters.
- Passengers should get in touch with Emirates Airlines customer support if they want to modify the name on their ticket, the family name, or if the count has more than four characters.
Emirates name correction policy reflects the airline’s commitment to passenger convenience. Passengers may travel the skies with confidence if they are aware of the requirements, the procedure for requesting a name change, the related costs, and a few important pointers.
- Southwest Airlines Name Change Policy
- United Airlines Name Change Policy
- LOT Polish Airlines Name Change Policy
- Ethiopian Airlines Name Change Policy
- Frontier Airlines Name Change Policy
- Sri Lankan Airlines Name Change Policy
- Flair Airlines Name Change Policy
- Philippines Airlines Name Change Policy
- Hawaiian Airlines Name Change
- Singapore Airlines Name Change Policy
- Swiss Air Name Change Policy
- Qantas Name Change Policy
- Lufthansa Name Change Policy
- Scoot Name Change Policy
- Copa Airlines Name Change Policy