Before packing a bag for a trip, it is necessary to learn the baggage rules in order to avoid paying additional fees. Except for Basic Economy fares, the Copa Airlines Baggage Policy allows passengers to bring a carry-on and checked luggage for free, depending on the fare.
This guide discusses baggage rules, fees, online and offline methods for adding baggage to a reservation, etc. Examine the information contained in this manual to avoid last-minute complications.
How Much Baggage Can You Fly With? Check Copa Airlines Baggage Policy
The airline introduced the Copa Airlines Baggage Policy in an effort to make travel safer for passengers. Lack of useful baggage-related information can cause issues during check-in.
Passengers also request for copa airline check-in policy.
To avoid trouble or inconvenience at the last minute, read the following and familiarize yourself with each policy that the airline applies to each passenger to all destinations.
- The Copa Airlines Baggage Policy is dependent on a number of items, including travel destinations, fares, and membership status.
- Passengers may receive discounts when purchasing luggage from airport personnel.
- The taxes will be included in the baggage fee.
- No passenger may transfer their baggage allowance to another individual.
- The airline will only allow additional, overweight, and oversized baggage if there is available space in the aircraft.
- Weapons and other hazardous items are prohibited. These items must be accompanied by a signed declaration from the relevant authorities.
- On connecting flights, passengers are required to recheck their bags at the connecting airport.
- On international flights, passengers may check a greater number of bags than on domestic flights. However, additional baggage incurs additional fees. Also subject to additional fees are oversize and overweight bags.
- Domestic flights permit less checked baggage than international flights. Thankfully, the fees for extra, overweight, or oversized baggage are reduced. In addition, as per its baggage policy for domestic flights, the airline imposed numerous restrictions on baggage.
Copa Airlines Baggage Allowance for Award Fares
The baggage allowance can vary based on the type of ticket purchased. If you are traveling on a Copa Airlines award ticket, you must be aware of the baggage allowance for each award ticket.
Copa Airlines: Economy Award Fares Baggage Rules
- When traveling to or from the United States, Canada, or South America, passengers are permitted to bring one carry-on bag weighing up to 22 pounds and one checked bag weighing up to 50 pounds for free.
- On flights to or from the Caribbean and Central America, passengers are permitted to bring one free carry-on bag weighing up to 22 pounds, but no checked bags.
- When traveling to or from Brazil, passengers are permitted one free carry-on item weighing less than or equal to 22 pounds and two free checked bags weighing up to 50 pounds each.
Copa Airlines: Business Award Fares Baggage Rules
- When going to or from South America, the US, or Canada, passengers can bring two carry-on bags that don’t weigh more than 22 pounds and two checked bags that weigh up to 70 pounds each for free.
- When going to or from the Caribbean and Central America, passengers can bring two carry-on bags up to 2 pounds each and two checked bags up to 50 pounds each for free.
- When going to or from Brazil, you can bring two carry-on bags that weigh up to 22 pounds each and three checked bags that weigh up to 70 pounds each.
Copa Airlines: Checked Baggage Size and Weight Restrictions
- According to Copa Airlines’s baggage policy, the height, length, and width cannot exceed 62 inches.
- A piece of checked baggage with a linear dimension between 63 and 115 inches is considered excess baggage.
- Baggage with dimensions exceeding 115 linear inches will not be permitted. However, they can be transported as cargo.
- The airline excludes the suitcase’s wheels from the total measurement.
- Economy Fare on Copa Airlines allows passengers to check one bag weighing no more than 50 pounds.
- In Business Class, passengers are permitted to check two bags of up to 50 pounds each.
- Economy fares passengers traveling within Panama are permitted to check one bag weighing up to 44 pounds.
- Business class passengers traveling within Panama may check two bags weighing up to 44 pounds each.
- You might already know how to carry your pet in baggage and how much weight is allowed. But if you are unsure, make sure to read Copa Airlines’ pet policy for proper guidance.
Size and Weight Limits on Carry-on Bags
- The overall length of the personal bag cannot exceed 58 by 35 by 22 centimeters.
- A standard bag’s dimensions should not exceed 56 x 36 x 26 cm.
- There is no need for your personal bag to be cumbersome, but it should be small enough to fit over your lap.
- When traveling to destinations other than the United States, carry-on bags cannot weigh more than 22 pounds. Additionally, it must fit underneath the seat in front of you or within the upper deck.
- When flying to or from the United States, passengers are permitted to bring one carry-on bag weighing up to 15 pounds.
How to Add Baggage on Copa Airlines Booking?
Passengers can add checked bags to their reservations ahead of time on Copa Airlines. Luckily, this is something that can be done without the help of experts. Here are some steps you can take online to add checked bags:
- Sign in to the website for Copa Airlines.
- Scroll down a bit on the homepage to find the tabs.
- Find the option to check in on the Web.
- In the box that pops up on this page, type in your last name and the booking reference number.
- Press the button for web check-in.
- Click on “Baggage” and add as many bags as you need.
- After that, follow the instructions on the screen and, if you need to, finish the payment process.
Are There Additional Fees for Extra or Overweight Baggage?
Yes, there may be additional fees for extra, overweight, or oversized luggage. The fees vary based on the particular circumstances and location. Review the Copa Airlines baggage policy or contact the airline directly for information on fees and restrictions.
Can I Check Baggage at the Airport if I Didn’t Add It to My Reservation in Advance?
Yes, you may check baggage at the airport even if it was not included in your reservation. However, it is advisable to add baggage to your reservation in advance to ensure availability and potentially save money on fees. If there is sufficient space on the aircraft, the airline will accept additional, overweight, and oversized baggage.
What Are the Time Limits for Checking Baggage on Copa Airlines?
For the majority of domestic flights, Copa Airlines has set a 90-minute limit for
- Lot Polish Airlines Baggage Policy
- Norwegian Airlines Baggage Policy
- United Airlines Baggage Policy
- Hawaiian Airlines Baggage Policy and Charges
- Singapore Airlines Baggage Policy and Charges
- Swiss Airlines Baggage Policy
- Lufthansa Airlines Baggage Policy
- Qantas Airlines Baggage Policy
- Scoot Airlines Baggage Policy
- Aeromexico Airline Baggage Policy
- Volaris Airlines Baggage Policy
- Air France Baggage Policy
- Condor Airlines Baggage Policy
- Emirates Airlines Baggage Policy