It is truly an incredible sight to be sitting alone at the gate and watch the plane your child is on take off from the flight deck without you. Based on my experience, I understand that you might be feeling a combination of pride, excitement, and anxiety at this time. Volaris has a policy for unaccompanied minors. They will transport your child without a parent or guardian once they turn 5 years old.
Here is a summary of the airline’s rules, restrictions, service, fee, and necessary documents for booking the unaccompanied minor service.
Restrictions Under Volaris Unaccompanied Minor Service
If you have already signed up for the service or plan to purchase one, please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- To use the service, you must call customer service and confirm your reservation at least 48 hours before your scheduled departure.
- Volaris has a limited number of seats available for their unaccompanied minor service on each aircraft.
- Children between the ages of 5 and 12 who travel alone are only allowed to do so as unaccompanied minors.
- Kids between the ages of 13 and 17 do not need to use the service.
- If you’re under 18, you need to have someone who is at least 18 years old with you. Make sure to bring a printed copy of your boarding pass to the check-in counter.
- Children who are between the ages of 2 and 4 can only use Volaris minor traveling alone service if they are accompanied by a family member who is between the ages of 13 and 17. In this situation, both of them will be considered as unaccompanied children. Both of them need to use the unaccompanied minor service.
Volaris Airlines Baggage Policy, allows you to bring 1 personal item and 1 carry-on bag for free when traveling with carry-on luggage. Some examples of personal items are a purse, backpack, laptop case, or briefcase.
Various Restrictions Under Volaris Unaccompanied Minor Policy
Children under 15 years old are not allowed to sit in emergency exit seats because it might not be safe for them. Also,
- For unaccompanied minors, the time between connecting flights must be at least 2 hours but no more than 4 hours.
- Children who are traveling alone are not allowed to fly on codeshare flights.
- Children who are traveling without an adult cannot use the Pet On Board service.
- Children Under Medical treatment are not allowed to fly.
- Children who have a chronic illness, physical or mental condition, or a disability that prevents them from taking care of themselves are not allowed to travel alone.
MInor’s Personal Information
When children travel alone, they need to wear a badge with their personal information. This helps the crew and staff easily identify them as unaccompanied kids. A member of the Volaris staff will accompany these children throughout their entire flight.
Unaccompanied Minor Policy for International Flights
Before making a reservation for an international flight, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the latest immigration laws and the required paperwork for young people traveling abroad.
Important Points for Children’s Guardian
In order to complete the process on time, the parent or legal guardian of the minor must arrive at the airport of origin at least 3 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight. This rule applies to both domestic and international flights. Also,
- The parent or guardian must stay at the airport where the flight starts until a Volaris Airlines staff member tells them that the plane has left. For safety reasons, it is strongly recommended to wait at least 15 minutes after takeoff before making any decisions, in case the flight needs to turn back.
- To bring a child to the airport and pick them up, you need to have official identification like a driver’s license or passport.
- Minor can not seat on exmergancy seat becuase there are some restrictions imposed by volaris airlines seat policy.
Flights that Leave From the U.S.
The child’s parents or guardians must be at the airport at least three hours before the flight is set to leave. On top of that –
You might have to be there when the single child is dropped off or picked up. In that case, you’ll need to get a boarding pass at the ticket desk. You should be ready to go through security when you get to the airport.
Required Documents to Avail Minor Service
The parents or guardians need to provide three copies of each of the following documents. You must submit these documents when checking in with Volaris Airlines. You need to show the required documents three hours before your flight, whether you’re traveling within the country or internationally.
- The unaccompanied minor form will be given to you by a Volaris staff member when you check in at the airport.
- Please provide the official identification or passport of your parents or legal guardian.
- Please provide the official identification documents such as ID, passport, or birth certificate for the unaccompanied minor.
- Exit Form for Minors
- A notarized document is a paper that allows the minor to leave and includes details like how they will travel, where they will go, and when they will leave.
Fees and Cost
Here is a summary of the service fee for transporting unaccompanied minors. The fee for unaccompanied minors can change depending on the travel route and specific terms and conditions.
The fee applies to flights lasting no more than 24 hours for each minor, regardless of whether they are on the same reservation as other kids traveling in a group. The fee mentioned below includes all taxes and fees.
|Travel Routes||Price (USD)|
|Flights to Mexico||35|
|Flights to/from the United States||150|
It’s understandable to worry when your child has to fly alone thousands of feet above the ground. However, sometimes there is no alternative. In the future, your child might even be the one asking you to give up this responsibility.
If you want to check your pet as luggage during travel, you must use an approved cabin or kennel that meets certain requirements.
Volaris Pet Policy allows If you want to check your pet as luggage during travel, you must use an approved cabin or kennel that meets certain requirements.
As a parent, you are the one who knows best when your child is ready. Once they are ready, taking on this responsibility can lead to valuable learning and personal growth.
However, each child and situation is different. The unaccompanied minor policy of Volaris will explain the rules, but you have the freedom to decide what works best within those rules.
What Are the Age Restrictions for Using the Volaris Unaccompanied Minor Service?
The unaccompanied minor service is available for children aged 5 to 12. Children who are 13 years old and older are not required to use the service. Children aged 2 to 4 can only use the service if they are with a family member who is between the ages of 13 and 17.
How Can I Book the Volaris Unaccompanied Minor Service?
To book the unaccompanied minor service, simply call Volaris customer service at least 48 hours before your scheduled departure. They will give you more instructions and help.
What Are the Restrictions for Unaccompanied Minors on Volaris Flights?
Children who are traveling alone cannot sit in seats near emergency exits. To ensure a smooth travel experience, it is required to have at least 2 hours and at most 4 hours of time between connecting flights. You are not allowed to fly on codeshare flights, use the Pet On Board service, or travel if you are currently receiving medical treatment or have a chronic illness, disability, or condition that prevents you from taking care of yourself.
What Documents Are Required for the Unaccompanied Minor Service?
Parents or guardians should bring three copies of the following documents: an unaccompanied minor form, the official identification or passport of the parents or legal guardian, and official identification documents (such as an ID, passport, or birth certificate) for the unaccompanied minor.
What Are the Fees for the Volaris Unaccompanied Minor Service?
The fees for transporting children who are traveling alone can vary depending on the route of travel. The fee for flights within Mexico is $35 USD. The fee for international destinations is $155 USD. The fee for flights to or from the United States is $150 USD. These fees are charged for each child on flights that are less than 24 hours long.
- Norwegian Air Unaccompanied Minor Policy
- United Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
- Flair Airlines Unaccompanied Minors Policy
- Philippines Airlines Unaccompanied Policy
- Hawaiian Airlines Minor Policy
- Singapore Airlines Minor Policy
- Swiss Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
- Lufthansa Airlines Unacompanied Minor Policy
- Qantas Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
- Copa Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
- Aeromexico Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
- Air France Unaccompanied Minor Policy
- Emirates Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy