The Norwegian Cancellation Policy is known for being very flexible compared to other airlines’ policies. Norwegian Air is known for providing passengers with extra benefits when it comes to refunds and compensation for cancellations, whether they are made by the airline or by the passengers themselves.
We understand that travel plans can change unexpectedly, which often results in passengers having to pay high fees to other airlines. However, this is not the case with Norwegian Air. This airline is based in Norway and is well-known worldwide for its affordable flights and traveler-friendly policies. They offer cheap flights, comfortable travel options, and refunds for canceled flights.
If you have booked a ticket with Norwegian Airlines and need help with canceling, this article is for you. This post covers all the information about Norwegian Airlines’ cancellation policy.
How Could a Norwegian Airlines Flight Be Canceled?
Sometimes, we all have trouble canceling our reservations because we have to go to different places to get it done. Understanding the cancellation policies of different airlines can be time-consuming. Also, many of us were unsure about how to cancel a booking on an airline website. To cancel a booked ticket with Norwegian Airlines, follow these steps:
- Go to the official website of Norwegian Airlines.
- Go to the main page and find the ‘Manage your booking’ section.
- After clicking on it, you will be directed to the ‘My Travel’ page. On this page, you will need to enter the necessary information in the designated fields.
- Please enter the six-digit booking reference and the last name of the passenger from your existing Norwegian booking.
- To continue, simply click on the ‘Find Booking’ button.
- Please double-check that the information you entered matches your existing Norwegian booking.
- To cancel your Norwegian flight, follow these easy steps after you have chosen your booking: simply go online and cancel it.
Following the steps mentioned above will allow you to easily cancel your Norwegian booking. The refund eligibility of your Norwegian airfare depends on the type of ticket you bought.
24 Hour Cancellation Policy
If you have a reservation with Norwegian airlines, you can cancel it and get a full refund within four hours. This policy applies to all passengers, no matter where they are from. The refund you’ll receive will also cover the government taxes that were added to your ticket when you bought it. After 4 hours, Norwegian Air will charge a cancellation fee based on the type of airfare you bought. The refund for cancelled flights by Norwegian Airlines is only applicable for unused tickets.
For flights to and from the United States, Norwegian Air has a 24-hour cancellation policy. This means that all passengers are eligible for a refund. In order to get a full refund, flyers need to make sure that their travel plans are scheduled for more than seven days after the date of purchase. If you are eligible for a refund, it will be returned to the original payment method within 7-10 business days.
Cancel As Fare Types
In addition to Norwegian Air’s 24-hour cancellation policy, there are fare types that allow you to get a refund for the full amount of your ticket if you need to cancel your flight with Norwegian. Refundable fares are also known as tickets that can be refunded. They typically cost more than non-refundable fares. We have made a list of different types of fares to help you understand the options available for your travel plans. This will make it easier for you to choose the most flexible fare.
Low Fare (Economy Class)
To receive a full refund from Norwegian Airlines under their 24-hour cancellation policy, your travel date must be at least seven days after the date of purchase. After 24 hours, there are no refunds available.
LowFare Plus (Economy class)
You can only get a full refund if you cancel your Norwegian Airlines flight within 24 hours. After 24 hours, there are no refunds available. The package includes extra perks like free checked bags, meals during the flight, and the ability to choose your seat.
FlexFare (Economy class)
If you want to cancel a Norwegian flight within 24 hours of booking, you now have the option to cancel up to 2 hours before the flight departure time. Even if you haven’t used the ticket at all, you can still get a full refund. You can bring two checked bags for free on both domestic and international long haul flights.
Premium (Business class)
You can only cancel a Norwegian flight in the business class segment within 24 hours and seven days before the booking date. After 24 hours, the fare becomes completely non-refundable.
PremiumFlex (Business class)
If a passenger cancels their reservation at least two hours before the departure time, they will be entitled to receive a full refund. It also lets you reschedule your flight at no cost.
Read Also: Norwegian Air Unaccompanied Minor Policy
Flight Cancelled Compensation, Protection, Fees & Refund
Travel plans can become unexpectedly uncertain. Sometimes, these uncertainties happen because of the airlines. Norwegian Airlines might have to cancel flights because of severe weather, technical issues, or state emergencies. This article explains the compensation that Norwegian flyers can receive if their flight is suddenly cancelled by the airline.
Flights Got Cancelled
If Norwegian cancels your flight, you can pick one of the following options:
If the airline cancels your Norwegian flight, you can reschedule to the next open trip. You can also choose to fly on a different date up to a year after the cancellation date. In this case, you wouldn’t have to pay a refund fee to Norwegian. Also, if you change your Norwegian reservation to the next day, all of the passengers would be eligible for free hotel stays and rides to the airport.
If you don’t want to fly with the company in these situations, you can just ask for a Norwegian cancellation return. Norwegian Airlines will give you back the full price of your empty ticket, which includes any additional trips and your return trip.
Flights Got Delayed
There are many reasons why flights might be delayed. There are a few reasons why there might be delays at the airport. It could be due to technical issues, bad weather, or a lot of people traveling at the same time. Always make sure to check the flight status before deciding to cancel voluntarily in these situations.
Typically, when it comes to situations like this, flyers are usually eligible for a Norwegian cancellation policy waiver. This means they don’t have to pay any fees if they need to cancel their booking. You have a few options depending on how long your Norwegian flight was delayed.
Delay for 2 Hours
If your flight is delayed for two hours or more and you don’t want to wait, Norwegian Airlines allows you to change your flight to a later one. However, the new flight must be going to the same destination.
Delay for 5 Hours
If your flight is delayed for 5 hours or more and you don’t want to wait for the next one, you can just cancel it and get a full return of the ticket price. In this case, there would be no withdrawal fee from Norwegian Airlines.
Norwegian Air Cancellation Protection
If you book a Norwegian flight and pay just $15 more, you can get a full refund if you can’t go because of illness, death in the family, serious illness, or any other family situation. The following things are part of Norwegian’s cancellation protection:
- If one person in the group is hurt by the trip, the Norwegian flight cancellation claim covers everyone in the group.
- You can change your mind up to 30 minutes before your flight.
- You can add Norwegian Air Cancellation Protection to your flight reservation online or over the phone. So, it can’t be booked on any Norwegian trip that is already in service.
- When a passenger asks for a return because of a sudden illness, Norwegian Airlines asks for an original medical certificate.
- The cost of the Norwegian Air Cancellation Protection would not be refunded.
In summary, Norwegian Air’s cancellation policy is renowned for its flexibility. Passengers benefit from a 24-hour refund window, various fare options, and compensation for airline-initiated cancellations. This traveler-friendly approach sets Norwegian Air apart from other airlines, making it a top choice for those seeking flexibility in their travel plans.
- Interjet Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy
- Lot Polish Airlines Cancellation Policy
- Ethiopian Airlines Cancellation Policy
- United Airlines Cancellation Policy
- Frontier Airlines Cancellation Policy
- Sri Lankan Flight Cancellation Policy
- Flair Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy
- Philippine Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy
- Scoot Airlines Flight Cancel Policy and Fees
- Copa Airlines Flight Cancellation
- Aeromexico Airlines Flight Cancel Policy
- Volaris Airlines Cancellation Policy
- Condor Airline Flight Cancellation
- Qantas Flight Cancellation Policy
- Hawaiian Airlines Cancellation Policy