In this post, we will discuss Swiss Airlines’ baggage policy. Before planning to travel with Swiss Airlines, you have to check their baggage policy. Please read the full post to learn more about this policy:
Swiss Baggage Limit Information:
|Carry-on Baggage Weight:||8kg to 10kg|
|Carry-on Baggage Size:||45 inches|
|Checked in Baggage Size:||62 inches|
|Checked in Baggage Weight||20kg to 23kg|
|Carry-on Luggage Weight:||Hoverboards, Fireworks, Bleach, and, Harmful Items.|
Are you planning to fly with the Swiss? Find solutions you need to know about Swiss baggage allowance, fees and charges, and restrictions.
Swiss passengers are permitted to bring on board the aircraft one piece of cabin baggage, plus one personal item, such as a briefcase, camera bag, or small backpack. Your carry-on baggage should fit into the Swiss overhead bins or under the seat in front of you.
Carry-on baggage cannot exceed 114 centimeters in combined width, length, and height; this includes any wheels and handles– with the exception of some of the musical instruments that fit in the Swiss overhead compartment space or under-seat space available at the time of boarding.
Carry-On Baggage Size Limit
Due to limited overhead space, Swiss passengers traveling on flights with 50 seats or less are only permitted to carry one personal item on board the Swiss aircraft.
You might already know how to carry your pet in baggage and how much weight is allowed. But if you are unsure, make sure to read Swiss Airlines’ pet policy for proper guidance.
No maximum weight applies to carry-on baggage. However, this varies across airports. Visit the Swiss website for more information.
When you travel with Swiss, there are some common fees that passengers may encounter when flying domestically. Swiss may charge additional fees for extra baggage. You can find more information about these fees on the official Swiss website at https://www.swiss.com/.
When you travel with Swiss, you will be charged separate fees for each limit you exceed in terms of size, weight, and quantity of your baggage. This can differ depending on the location. For more information and specific fees, please visit the website of Switzerland.
Sports Items, Pets, and Special Baggage
Swiss permit a wide range of sporting equipment and special baggage on Swiss flights. Due to the size of the baggage, some of the items may be counted as standard checked bags. However, Swiss will be considered overweight or oversized items. As such, charges and certain restrictions will apply by the Swiss. Please visit the Swiss website directly.
You can bring dogs, cats, and household birds (note that birds are only allowed on domestic Switzerland flights) on board for a fee of $125 one way to or from most destinations. The cost of traveling outside of Switzerland is $200.
The pets need to be small enough to fit in a carrier box, which can then fit under the seat in front. The carrier is considered one item of Swiss carry-on luggage.
Swiss Baggage Fees
Yes, fees might apply. They are determined by the type of fare you purchased, your destination, if you are an active Switzerland military personnel and/or dependent, if you have status with Swiss’ frequent flyer program, status with an affiliated carrier, or if you have a Swiss sponsored credit/charge card.
What Are the Size and Weight Limits for Carry-on Baggage on Swiss Airlines?
- The carry-on baggage size should not exceed 114 centimeters in combined width, length, and height, including wheels and handles.
- There is no specific weight limit for carry-on baggage, but it may vary across airports. Visit the Swiss website for more information.
Are There Any Restrictions on the Number of Carry-on Items Allowed on Swiss Airlines?
- Swiss passengers are permitted to bring one piece of cabin baggage and one personal item, such as a briefcase or small backpack.
- Passengers traveling on flights with 50 seats or less are only allowed to carry one personal item.
What Are the Checked Baggage Size and Weight Limits on Swiss Airlines?
- The checked baggage size limit is 62 inches.
- The weight limit for checked baggage ranges from 20kg to 23kg, depending on the specific flight and destination.
Are There Additional Fees for Excess Baggage on Swiss Airlines?
Swiss Airlines may ask you to pay extra fees if your baggage is too big, too heavy, or if you have too many bags. The fees may change depending on where you are. To find specific information, please visit the website of Switzerland.
- Lot Polish Airlines Baggage Policy
- Norwegian Airlines Baggage Policy
- United Airlines Baggage Policy
- Hawaiian Airlines Baggage Policy and Charges
- Singapore Airlines Baggage Policy and Charges
- Lufthansa Airlines Baggage Policy
- Qantas Airlines Baggage Policy
- Scoot Airlines Baggage Policy
- Copa Airlines Baggage Policy and Charges
- Aeromexico Airline Baggage Policy
- Volaris Airlines Baggage Policy
- Air France Baggage Policy
- Condor Airlines Baggage Policy
- Emirates Airlines Baggage Policy