Have your plans changed? Not to worry! You may travel with more freedom than you could have ever dreamed thanks to Swiss Airlines’ policy on flight changes. It only costs a little Swiss Airlines charge. We will cover every aspect of the changes and cancellations with Swiss Airlines in detail in this post.
Before we continue, let’s clarify which reservations Swiss Airlines will modify flights for:
- The first digit of a Swiss Airlines e-ticket must be 724.
- A credit voucher must be used to purchase or reserve a ticket.
- Your ticket’s flight booking with Swiss Airlines must be current.
- Online rebooking of open tickets or tickets without the necessary flying segments is not possible.
- One-way or round-trip tickets with only one flight route can be rebooked online.
These are the reservations that cannot be changed for Swiss Airlines flights:
- If you book a Swiss Airlines flight along with another flight segment, you can get a discount.
- Your Swiss Airlines booking has not been confirmed yet.
- The ticket status for Swiss Airlines cannot be just “O” (open) or “A” (available).
- Tickets for Swiss Airlines that are booked as part of a group.
- If your ticket doesn’t show the tariff calculations, you won’t be able to change your flight with Swiss Airlines.
- If you need special services like transporting an animal or medical equipment, you can book with Swiss Airlines.
How to Change Flight With Swiss Airlines?
You can change your Swiss Airlines flight using either online or offline methods.
If you have a reservation with Swiss Airlines and want to change it, you can do so by following the steps below:
- Open the web browser and go to the Swiss Air website.
- Click on the “Manage Reservations” tab on the Swiss Airlines page.
- Enter your six-digit ticket reference and the passenger’s last name to change your flight with Swiss Airlines.
- To move forward, click “Edit Booking.”
- Click on the “Change flight” button and then on the dates that need to be changed.
- Pick a different date and time.
- Look over your new flight plan with Swiss Airlines.
- Pay the appropriate fee and, if there is one, the difference in price.
- You will get a proof email from Swiss Airlines if you change the date of your trip.
Call the Swiss Airlines support team at to modify your Swiss Airlines booking. Phone services include the following:
- Swiss Airlines change flight
- Swiss Airlines flight cancellation
- Swiss Airlines reservations check
- Swiss Airlines change seat
- Swiss Airlines same day flight change
- Helping passengers to apply Swiss Airlines refund
What is the Swiss Airlines Change Flight Fee?
The way we plan our trips has changed with time. Countries are changing their prevention measures and entry requirements frequently. Swiss Airlines has options for changing your flight, which are:
- You can change the date and destination of your flight in all fare categories and classes of service, whether it’s a short or long flight. This is valid for all Swiss Airlines bookings, both new and existing, until February 2021.
- Swiss Airlines allows you to cancel your booking and get a refund up to 24 hours before your scheduled flight departure, according to their cancellation policy.
- Starting in February 2021, Swiss Airlines will charge passengers a flight change fee of 200 USD.
- You can change your Swiss Airlines flight for free within 24 hours of purchasing it.
- Swiss Airlines charges a flat fee of 200 USD to change a flight, regardless of the fare type or class of service chosen.
Same Day Flight Change
Swiss Airlines now allows passengers to change their flight on the same day to make travel more flexible. Here are some of the main points:
- If you’re traveling in Flexible Economy or Business Class, you can change your flight to an earlier or later one on the same day for free.
- Swiss Airlines has changed its policy so that passengers won’t have to pay extra fees if they need to change their flight, even if the original fare they booked is no longer available.
- You can only change your Swiss Airlines booking on the day of your scheduled flight. However, you can only do this if there are available seats in the class of service you selected.
- To change your Swiss Airlines flight on the same day, you can either call us or use the “Change My Booking” tab on the Swiss Airlines website.
- If you want to change your Swiss Airlines flight on the same day, you can’t do it for codeshare flights or if you already checked in or bought extra services like more luggage or meals.
How to Change a Flight With Swiss Airlines at No Charge?
Just like our life, we can’t assume that our travel plans will always work out. Making changes or cancelling plans can be expensive at times. The cost of the tickets is the same as what we paid for them. Swiss Airlines has a flight change policy that allows you to make changes to your flight without paying any fees. There are specific ways to do this. This is how you do it:
24-Hour Cancellation: You can change your Swiss Airlines booking for free if you make the changes within 24 hours of purchasing your ticket. If you book a flight with Swiss Airlines that starts or ends in the U.S., Canada, or Europe, you can cancel or change it within 24 hours without having to pay a fee, as long as you follow the guidelines set by the Department of Transportation (DOT). Passengers might have to pay an additional fare, if it applies.
Same-Day Flight Change: Passengers who have booked Flexible Economy or Business Class tickets can change their flight to an earlier or later time on the same day without paying any fees. You can only change your booking with Swiss Airlines on the day of your scheduled flight. However, this is only possible if there are available seats in the class of service you selected.
Refundable Fare: To have more flexibility with your travel plans, choose refundable fares when making a reservation with Swiss Airlines. If you book a refundable fare with Swiss Airlines, it will cost you around 20% more than a non-refundable fare. However, if you need to cancel your flight before departure, you can get a full refund from Swiss Airlines.
Travel Insurance: If you pay an extra protection premium when booking your Swiss Airlines flight, you can make changes and cancel your booking more easily. If something unexpected happens and you need to change or cancel your travel plans, having insurance can help you do it for free. It might also provide extra compensation.
How Do I Get a Refund for an Unused Swiss Ticket?
Passengers are unable to claim a refund for an unused Swiss Airlines ticket online. To avoid a No-show status, please call our Swiss Airlines cancel booking helpline at if you have a refundable fare that you haven’t used yet. Ask one of our executives to delete the flight segments. After that, your refund from Swiss Airlines will be processed automatically.
How Can I Change Flights With Swiss Airlines?
To change the date of your Swiss Airlines flight, go to the airline’s website and click on the ‘Manage booking’ section. If you make changes to your Swiss Airlines flight within 24 hours of purchase, you won’t have to pay the change fee. You will only be charged the fare difference.